Walks around Buninyong and District
This website aims to provide detailed descriptions of a range of local walks, with new ones added as they are developed.
It also informs walkers of other options through links to walks in the wider district and Victoria-wide walking groups. See Other Walks
- Bird World Circuit Walk - fully developed with detailed walking notes, interactive map and background information
- Buninyong Heritage Walks - this excellent resource documenting a series of short walks in and around the township of Buninyong is currently available in booklet form, on sale for $5 from the Buninyong Information Centre
- Buninyong - Federation Uni Walk ... being developed, ready soon
- Buninyong - Fisken Road Walk ... being developed, ready soon
- De Soza Park Walk ... being developed, ready soon
- Jessie McIntosh Memorial Walk ... being developed, ready soon
- Mt Buninyong Crater Walk ... being developed, ready soon
- Mt Buninyong South Walk ... being developed, ready soon
- Union Jack Walk ... A maze of bush tracks wander through the old gold mining area of the Union Jack Reserve on the north-east corner of Buninyong. A free self-guided map from Parks Victoria is available from the Buninyong Information Centre or downloadable from this site: Union Jack map
Ballarat Walking Tracks on the City of Ballarat's website is an excellent resource for walkers with links to maps and descriptions of a range of interesting walking tracks around Ballarat and district.